CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Cuteness Won

Rough night. Put Diva in her crate for night-night around midnight. Was awakened by howling at 3 AM. I though SURELY her paw must have been severed by the nature of this howling, so I rushed downstairs to ascertain the situation.

No, she was perfectly fine - just wanting to play and wanting to pee.
Took her out back, let her use the bathroom and then lectured her on the folly of playing at 3 AM, then attempted to put her back in the crate. She was having NONE OF IT.

I went upstairs, (foolishly) thinking that she'd "cry herself out" within 5 - 10 minutes.... oh no.... 45 minutes later she was till howling to the point that Hubster, both kids, Ruby, and I were now all wide awake.

So I went back downstairs, extracted her from her crate (I can't be positive, but I'm pretty sure I saw a "triumphant smirk" on her face...) and took her to the couch, where we slept (she, like a baby; me very fitfully) until 8:30 this morning when I heard my office phone ring.

As my husband said "Cuteness won last night, huh?"

0 comments: