CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Escape Artist!

So, the kids and I are out and about today.... it had been another slow day for me, work-wise, and my kids were "dying of boredom" (a frequent complaint) and so I thought Why Not .... Let's just go have some Fun.

So, we crated up the puppy with some chewtoys and snacks, patted our sweet older dog Ruby on the head and left the house around 11:30. Hit the library first.... I found 4 books I wanted and J found 3 books he wanted. S, who unfortunately has not developed the love of reading (yet!!) did not find any books.

From there, we stopped by the middle school J will be entering in the Fall. Picked up a registration packet, introduced ourselves to the principal (really nice guy), and headed out again.

Then we checked out the new "Super Arcade" near our house. This place has a mega-arcade for kids, two bowling alleys, lazer-tag, and 2 restaurants. The kids and I hung out there and played quite awhile. They got hundreds of tickets that they turned it at the little gift shop for ridiculously over-priced merchandise (that I could have bought at the dollar store....)

At around 2:30 my cell phone rings..... it's Hubster.
Hubster: "Hey... did you guys forget to crate Diva before you left?"
Me: (feeling my heart skip a beat, as I realize the Tasmanian Devil of Destruction has been LOOSE and UNSUPERVISED in the house for over 3 hours now....) "No..... I don't think so..."
Hubster: "Well, apparently she has figured out how to escape from the crate."

Long story longer.... Diva (a/k/a "Houdini") SOMEHOW freed herself from the crate and had a Merry Time running all around the house while we were gone. Blessedly (miraculously!!) she did not destroy anything, however poor Ruby (our "senior dog") looks like she needs a Valium..... or maybe even a Qualude (sp?) at this point :-)

I can hear Diva now (in evil cartoon villain voice): "THERE'S NO CRATE BUILT THAT CAN HOLD ME BACK!" ("BWAHH-HA-HA!!")

0 comments: