CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

First Growl.... My Little Protector

Diva is now HUGE. (Relatively speaking.) I'd say she's between 25 - 30 lbs. It's getting hard for me to lift her easily, like I used to.

Anyway, we have these transom-style windows on either side of our front door, plus we live up on a little hill at the end of a cul-de-sac, so you have a pretty good view of what's going on below... and something Diva saw did NOT agree with her and she begin to growl, bark and really carry on.

It was absolutely adorable.
I know she was trying to be Terribly Ferocious (so I didn't laugh), but BOY I wish I had captured it on film..... she was protecting her family from some sort of perceived threat. (There wasn't anything out there that I could see.... probably a squirrel crossed the yard, or something like that...)

I need to hurry up and read the owners manual for my new Nikon so I can capture these fleeting moments on film for All Of Us to enjoy. :-)

She really is just so darn cute.

2 comments:

Me said...

Did Diva recently get "fixed"? That's when Wrigs OVERLY protective behavior came about. Right after he got snipped. He is such a great watch dog and is a ferocious protector of our home. He reacts to our reactions and we've had one time in particular where he had an angry solicitor who didn't want to leave our doorstep and Wrigs went ballistic. If I let go of him I think he would have jumped the guy and attacked. So YAY for Diva!!!

They just know when something's up.

HWHL said...

No - she's just now 3 months so we have not gotten her spayed yet.

I guess she's just naturally protective... which is FINE with me! (Ruby is very "non-protective" so I'm happy Diva is moreso...) :-)

Funny that Wrigs became that way after he was neutered.... interesting!